Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Potential Beast In the East and Muting Prime Time


Man this is hard for me to type. I use to be a huge Celtics fan growin up. Most of my fandom for them was due to the fact that my old man was and still is a Los Angeles Lakers Fan. I gave them catz up though, the moment Reggie Lewis died. I know, corny right, but I was getting older and my hometown Rockets were finally building a solid nucleus. I had to back my boys.

Now, it appears the Celts are on the Verge of Making a momunental trade. If they acquire Keving Garnett, and pair him with
THE TRUTH, and JESUS SHUTTLEWORTH, then by gollie I don't know if theres a team in the east that can give that three a solid run for there money. All of those catz if im not mistaken were in Sydney (the last time we won anything internationally) and all three of these cats are multi talented. KG however is the glue that would gel this team to at least the Eastern Conference Finals. In fact, I'm going to put it out there now, he goes to Boston, with that current roster, put it on the board FINALS....

The East Power rankings assuming this goes down will look alot like this:

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Chicago
4. Miami (Provided D. Wade is 100%)
5. Cleveland
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. New Jersey
Outside scrapping for 8th Orlando and the Knicks.

Prime Time on Mute..

Evidently the NFL wasn't to happy about Deion Sanders comments regarding the whole Michael Vick situation, and ordered that the paper in which he wrote them for not have that article published. Here's a brief excerpt of his comments :

What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.Some people
kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate.
Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can
believe that.And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street.

You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves
the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them
in some way.You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you
inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from
.


Here's my problem, since when did it become ok for us to be smacked b/c of our opinion? Do I agree with what Deion Snaders said, No, but I believe HE has the right to say whats on his mind. I'd fire my agent if I were Deion, no one should sign a contract with a clause that states your opinion is under lock and keep unless there going to the military. Even then you can pretty much say what you want, as long as you don't go out practicing any beliefs that are ill conducive to military protocol.

Link to Deion's Article

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

test

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home