Sunday, January 28, 2007

Forrest, Eddie and Jennifer Do it Again at the SAG

The Screen Actors Guild awarded Forrest Whittaker Best Actor in his role as dictator Idi Amin in The King Of Scotland. Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Hudson also took home SAG Awards for there Supporting Roles in Dreamgirls aka Oscar Snub of the Century. While theres no doubt in my mind that Jennifer and Eddie will win, while sitting on the couch a strange thought entered my mind, and I was wandering if anyone else thought about this. Have any of you heard Jennifer Hudon thank Randy, Paula and Simon? Don't get me wrong, I think her role in the movie was phenomenal, and clearly her talent has always been there(had it not been for a "technical glitch in the Chicago phone systemshe might be the AI") But ya gotta think, that had it not been for the trio we would have never known who she was, and we might have been giving props to someone else.

For that small minority of Idol watchers, if I'm not mistaken, When you go to Hollywood, isn't it Randy Paula and Simon who decide who gets eliminated from the field of 200 or so down to 30? For what its worth, I know Jennifer is doing her thang and I cant really complain b/c as Ive stated before, 2007 is really shaping up for the year of the Blackfolk...

Lets Recap

Forrest Whittaker Golden Globe Sag
Eddie Murphy Golden Globe Sag
Jennifer Hudson Golden Globe Sag

Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy 2 Black Coaches in the Superbowl
Tiger Woods (My 2006 Athlete of the Year) 2007 Buick Open Champ
Serena Williams 2007 Australian Open Champ

Man if I could just get my hands on some spare change..Something is telling me its a really good time to purchase a lottery ticket...

4 Comments:

At 2:19 AM , Blogger P said...

I have to say, you must have been reading my mind. I for one, do not think that things do NOT happen by happenstance and that none of those mofos would have seen hide nor hare of celeb couture status had it not been for AI. But maybe she has hard feelings for them, so whaddeva. . .

As for the black star power. . .Whoo hoo! That's what I'm talking bout.

PS: Did you see Lovie Smith slobbing down his Becky when he won?

 
At 2:23 AM , Blogger P said...

PS: There are niche actors/singers that Hollywood never knows what to do with, like:

Louise Rainer
Mira Sorvino
Giancarlo Esposito
Louise Fletcher
Gary Sinise
Piper Laurie
Kelly Price

AND

Jennifer Hudson. . .

I would be interested to see what she is going to do next.

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

Yeah I caught Lovie in the act,
but to be fair, Tiger, and Serena both are currently in relationships with either an A Becky(married) or B Biff(dating)..

I think about those niche actors and wander whos next alot..Gary Sinise is a favorite of mines. I liken him to Kiefer Sutherland.(just w/o fam. celeb dad)..Another Fav. of mine is Kerry Washington. Shes severly underated.

As for AI, im glad its not just me..At some point when do you give a shout out to Randy Paula and Simon. That to me seems like an automatic..

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to play the lottery this weekend...it's all good though because nobody won and it went up an extra two million.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home