Thursday, January 18, 2007

Serena Wins and NFL Preview

Me and wifey just finished watching Serena Williams defeat Nadia Petrova and I gotta be honest, it was actually worth watching. Serena lost the first set 1-6 and after that, she won the next set 7-5 and (in a comeback) and finished Nadia off 6-3. Serena looked in command of her backhand, but she clearly is out of shape and when pushed into a long game can get winded. Looking at the much smaller and faster girls in the next round, I expect Serena to bring her power game .....

Bet yall didnt think ya boy knew about tennis huh?


On to the NFL..

OK so its been awhile since you guys got my 10 things post , and who i like to win, I gotta be honest, you haven't seen those post b/c in the playoffs, if you don't have it, it gets exposed. Theres no game plan for what a team lacks. With that said allow me to breakdown the AFC Match up between the Colts and the Patriots

Colts are favored by -3 Which essentially means they have home field advantage.
For my degenerates Take the Patriots. Tom Brady is undefeated in Dome play, and
has never lost an AFC Championship Game. Payton Manning has never won a Big game. While the media will try to convince you he's do, I wouldn't Sip that Kool-aid until I knew the facts. Belichick is going to eliminate Marvin Harrison and to a larger extent the running game. This will force Payton to throw it to Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. If Belichick can mix up the Blitz (which I totally expect him to do) Tom Brady will march hit team to victory.
Final Score Patriots 24 Colts 17

Over in the NFC we have the Saints vs. the Bears which matches Deuce and Reggie vs. Urlacher and Briggs. The Bears are 2 1/2 point favorites in this game which pretty much means anything can happen in this game. For my degenerates Take the Saints. Rex Grossman is going to be asked to put this team on his shoulders and frankly I don't see it happening. The Saints plan to stop Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones and force Rex to pass his way out of situations. I say again, if it was a problem in the regular season expect it to be a problem in the playoffs. Over on offense, expect a heavy does of Deuce Mc and Reggie. I'd pound Urlacher and crew into submission. If Drew can take advantage of the bears who plan to cheat the safety up, Its going to be lights out for the Bears secondary.
Final score Saints 27 Bears 21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home