Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Memba When Cross Colours and Girbaud Jeans....


Were the only thing people wore for the better part of 2 yrs....I sure as hell do. I actually remember my first ever pair of Girbaud Jeans and having another dude all up in my crotch trying to verify that I had the real jeans on and not some imitations..For those of you who dont already know, Marithe and Francois Girbaud came up with the genius idea of putting there label 3/4's high on the zipper(see above) so in order for you to know someone had on Girbaud Jeans you literally had to be staring at another mans privates.......The good thing about Girbaud Jeans was , that if you had pair, much like the Suede Jeans from last week, it meant you had a lil' bit of cash..These bad boys at the time were running upwards to $57.00 a pair. For that price now, I can walk into Old Navy and get 2 pair of Painter's Dungarees.. ..The bad thing about these jeans was the fact that most kids i knew may have only had 1 to 2 pair atmost..So odds are, if we saw them in those Girbaud Jeans on Monday, theres was a 95% chance I'd see you in those same jeans on Friday, best believe you got clowned in my circle if this was the case...



Onto Cross Colours



They say you hurt the ones you love the most, so bare with me on this one, I got some serious feelings to let loose ...(Pausing as I swallow my last good shot of Seagrems Vodka) What in the good hell were these people thinking!! Loud Ass Green, Yellow, Purple and Red Joints should never and I repeat NEVER be used to make 2 pieces, hoodies, pants, that stupid lookin hat that looks like it shouldve came with a drawstring, skirts and etc....I was down with the concept, colours without barriers..I even owned 2 pair of Blue and Black Jeans to show unity, but i drew the line when they started taking a personal attack on Crayola and Skittles by trying to prove they can win the color battle..Sad part is, many of my peepz didnt know that colors fade..So round bout X'mas, that red 2 piece that looked so good in September was now pink..That Yellow joint (you know those pants i'm talkin bout to) was now lime green, an those Purple pants well lets just say you never picked those tings up again...Its like they never happened... Oh and I didnt forget about the Stripy joints many of you had , I just thought I'd keep it civil for today, but you know who you are.......

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

freakin' hilarious. sadly, i didn't get my first pair of girbauds until later on in life...like about two years ago. and i have NEVER owned a pair of jordan's.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

my next victim in memba when is Jordan...Only problem is, MJ keeps on with the keepin on..Hell, I just saw my first pair of MJ's on a cat about a month ago...

Man i got my first pair of Girbaud's in 92, they were dark purple suede..Tough as all get out to match anythin with, and i could only rock them once every 2 weeks..One week to wear, then put in cleaners for a week

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home