Tuesday, April 17, 2007

RealTalk Language and All Things Hip....


Real Talk for a Moment...

Let me be as frank as i have ever been, and if youre offended by it, its cool,because what i'm about to say may offend you, but if I dont say it, then I feel my little space in the blogospshere is being waisted, and my real talk would be nothing more then real bullshit....


Blackfolk, We are the biggest bunch of Hypocrites that God has put on this planet...In my lifetime, I have used the words Bitch, Ho, Whore, Fag, Gay, Faggot, Dyke, Nigga, Niccca, Nicka, Nappyheaded Ho, Baldheaded Ho, Stupid Ho, Fat Ho, Freak, Slut, Train, Train Station, and at a minimum 1000 or so times....Hell as a kid, if you were my boy, you were my nigga..If you were a girl and you were High cappin on the set like you owned the High school, we pretty much dogged you with every name that we could find, and always ended it with BITCH. And trust me in this, in time , as I became a sailor, it only got worse.. I learned that cunt, though just a word to me, means something very different to those opposite of my skin tone. I learned that banana isnt just a fruit, but a deragatory phrase used to describe an Asian American who may act"white". I learned that wetback isnt as funny to those who are of Latin decent...

Insert clip, add them all to my repertoire. Use when necessary....


In the past oh, I wanna say 16 yrs of my life I can say in a very resounding tone that I have been one of the filthiest vulgar, and downright disrespectful people to ever utter a single word..

Infact, Im in the process of writing a book that makes the what you just read sound like a nursery rhyme....You know what made me change my language..My wife and my son..Period..My Sailor, ghetto, hooded out profane language I put to the backside in order to secure happiness..That isnt to say that I dont curse to this very day, (cuz if you know me, boy do you know me! )it just means Ive toned it done considerably..


I want someone who has never uttered any of the following words above to tell me how and why they didnt.... Frankly, I dont expect a reply because I know everyone has...This people is our life...


So who do we blame for Imus..Ah yes, the question everybody wants a defined answer to.If you answered Don Imus, then DING DING DING , you get the prize....But know this, Don Imus is no different then any of us...When I go to your house, and you crack the off collar joke about a certain ethnicity b/c theres none of them at the party, just so you know, youre no different then him. When you send me the email with Big Booties, thongs, and what have you, just so you know , you to are further objectifying women, thus making you no different then the hip hop artist youve decided to blast. We cant have it both ways my black people, we just cant.


Which brings me to my next point..Why are we really mad at hip hop?? Let me get this straight, youre done with 50, Nelly and Jay right?? So when I get in your car, youre not gonna flip it to the local R&B station, because theyre only promoting the music of hate..Youre not gonna have a mixtape with various music you stole from these people who are doin nothing more then trying to earn a living just like you? Dont tell me you hate Nelly b/c of Tip Drill, yet the moment Hot in Here comes on, youre the first one on the dance floor. Dont tell me P.I.M.P made you so mad that you were done with 50, yet the moment In Da Club comes on, you get to dancing like it isnt him on the track..J oh yeah, that J..Beyonce's J who you love on Crazy in Lov with his boo, also has 99 problems and guess what one of them aint... Its unfair to them for us to be so hypocritical that we lose sight of our own problems...Hip Hop isnt the reason, its just the clever scapegoat...For in order for us as a people to admit that our problems come from a deep seeded notion to always look our best infront of the "whitefolk" we must act as if we to are offended by our fellow bruthas and sistahs who have done nothing more then chose a unique vehicle of self expression..


Either you as a person are offended with all things life, are, you realize that society is fucked up and sometimes you just have to role with the punches and do whats best for you and your people.


Don Imus, Tim Hardaway, Michael Richards, Isaiah Washington, John Rocker, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Jay-z, Ann Coulter, and etc, etc, are all us..People... Human beings who say, have said and will say things that we have all said in our life, and continue to say...The difference between them and us is, theres no mic in our face....


4 Comments:

At 12:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, Smoothie. Bravo.

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

now i can go back to my regularly scheduled tomfoolery!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger P said...

I concur.

Had to be said, enough said.

Love it. . .

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

P,
thanks..i sure hope this is the end of it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home