Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blackfolk We Need to talk.... On the Real...RP Politics Special


I wanna preface what I'm about to say by first putting it out there. Not only did I A. Vote for Barack Obama, but I B. donated and C. Caucused for him in a district in San Antonio, where he essentially had no chance of gaining a single delegate. I believe in the concept of change, and unlike the typical liberal, I believe strongly in the notion that it can be accomplished with a strong work ethic, and less involvement with the Government...


Saying all of that, I wanna put my black folk on notice. You cannot go around telling people that if Barack doesnt somehow get the NOMINATION, (not the presidency mind you) that this will prompt you to either A. vote for John Mc Cain, or B. Not vote at all. Just tell me how exactly does either one of those options keep you in that nice house you just purchased, lower the soon to be 4.00 a gallon on gas , and more specifically, keep you employed. I'll tell you how, it won't, but yall would've gotten your point out right...That , if screwed over, or disenfranchised, instead of taking the high road, a road Dr. King suggested many a time we take, that we ignore his teachings, and go the hurt ex girlfriend road, and sleep with the enemy. My people this will kill the only party we have came to know and love for decades. Is this what you want??? Honestly?


Do they Hate Black Folk???

Lets get this big issue outta the way now. THE CLINTONS BILL AND HILLARY BOTH ARE NOT NOW, NOR HAVE THEY EVER BEEN RACIST! Period....The guy who came up with Affirmative Action is a racist, seriously?? The woman who tried to get everybody FREE Health insurance don't like blackfolk???Am I missing something? The guy who DID attend the annual NAACP luncheon during his election something that hasnt been done before him or after him, hates us??

The woman who was by the way, the only Presidential Candidate to attend the State of the Black Union and to a lesser note apologize for her husbands SC primary comments, don't like us huh? Blackfolk you're being deceived, AND I have no problem telling you why.


Why they've Deceived you.

My people, its politics. Geraldine Ferraro alone, does have serious issues. Her actions cannot and should not be forgiven. This is a repeat offender, (ask Jessie in 84)who as I mentioned in a previous blog shouldve gotten the axe. But, here's where the deception got juicy, and we as black folk sadly took the bait...Our golden child, got serious heat. And, rather then stand in there , and take it like a man, WE ALL, played the race card. People, do you want a president who cant be criticized? To a lesser extent, do you want a man in office whom the moment he gets criticized, chunks the race card out? If you answered yes to either of these, congrats are in order, you just confirmed to America that we are in fact nothing more then Angry black folk, whom in our own right have hidden prejudice's that we are to pride filled to except. If running for president were meant to be easy, trust me, we'd all know someone running for it close to our hearts. Barack needs to show not only us, but the rest of the world that not only can he take a punch, but, that he can punch and with a strike that leaves such a mark that the person who initially landed the first punch is to afraid to initiate further action b/c of the repercussions felt from the counter attack. He's NOT doing that. So, what we have now , are pundits, media personalities, angry call in guest, and the like serving as Big Brother coming to the rescue of lil brother, rather then letting him stand up for himself. I promise you, none of that makes him stronger.


The stance you take now, I want you to remember. This time next year, when its 2 am and your child is sick, and the ER visit alone is 500.00 (that's before you get the drugs.)remember who you voted for. I want you to remember this stance you plan to take when 2 yrs from now, your cousins, nephews, and friends are fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran b/c we voted for a guy who's sleeps with his finger firmly on the trigger. Finally, when you back on the block b/c Sprint, Frito Lay or insert said Blue Collar job here __________ or respectable White Collar Job there _____ had to make layoffs due to the recession remember that 3 yrs ago you couldve changed all this, instead, you went in the voting box and thought with your heart, and not your brain.



I say again, I'm a Barack fan, but if he gets slighted, you best believe twice today, and 3 times on Sunday I'm Voting Hillary. I do remember Bill's time in office, and despite a BJ in the oval office, those were great times for us. Id even argue the BJ had nothing to do with the way he lead us, so you can take that back to.

Yes my people, Barack presidential campaign speaks largely to the strides we've made, but please,

understand that its just the begining. The way we act now, will decide how many of us follow Barack. Dont throw away support to a party thats actually looks at everybody, and not just everybody who's got money.

I am a professional whom despite the office settings is nestled in a demographic that frankly put, has no benefit for me to vote democrat. But I do it, b/c I know they want whats best for this country for everyone , and not just a chosen few. If Barack isnt the nominee (which is slim a chance as there is) all I ask is that yall take a trip down memory lane to the 90's. If that doesn't jog your memory enough, Fast Forward to now and press the Live button on your remote.


You decide

eric

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I too have been guilty to some extent of what you're talking about. Not so much saying if Barack don't win I'm vote for mcain but Mrs. P told me that I was voting with my heart but I thought she was just a hater. Now I see but that doesn't change my stance. I still back Barack but not because he's black, but because in my heart I beleive that he can bring change. I'm not the most politically informed induvidual, so off top alot of people would dismiss my arguement. But I'll share why I believe in Barack. Simply put its his buzz. I know that may sound shallow but there is a method to my madness. He for the first time has black people wanting to vote. No one, in my time and I'm only 28, has got so many black people interested in voting. Hell they even tried to use hip hop to get us out there remember "rock the vote"? Well that didn't have any weight until it became Barack the vote. I consider myself a voice of the people. The people who aren't politically informed, who have never voted, who before this year could careless. The people who feel that its no use voting because in the end the "white man controls everything". Before anyone trips I'm not a racist or conspiritor but a product of generations of black people that in some way have experienced some racism and/or prejudice in their lifetime. Whether it's from police, employers, coaches, teachers etc.... Injustice can make a person feel helpless. These black people that I speak have built up such a hate and fear of injustice that it creates a live for today mentality. I'm ramblin off to say this Barack got me interested. Not only me but a bunch of people who may not agree on alot of things in general. Although there are different views on life in this country, I think everyone agrees it needs to get better because its slowly getting worse. Barack is that common ground that brings black and white democrats and some republicans together. Thats who I think the Audacity of Hope speaks to. We as a people now have the audacity to go into this election hoping even if thats all we have because that hope translates into votes.

Mr. P

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger P said...

Well, Mr. P.

Historically, black people (according to the US Census), have actually came out and voted at all times in large populations. It's just that this election has triggered an increase in voting, among ALL socioeconoic backgrounds, gender, age, and any other variable you can think of. And I think it's because the fabric of what we have known, the status quo, looks different, whether the canvas is from a white woman, or a black man, or even, the spirit of John McCain that most republicans have voted for.

The biggest issue here, is that, regardless of their political ambition, we cannot abandon or ignore what the Clintons have been or done in our community. We cannot act like fairweather friends with people who have so obviously, even prior to the presidency, treated us like equals in an era (70's) where they didn't have to. Bill Clinton went to John H. Johnson (Ebony Mag) funeral. Why the hell he was ushering Eunice L. Johnson down the aisle I still haven't figured out, (smile), but I certainly wasn't surprised to see him there.

I'm a Barack fan. I have loved him ever since he stepped up on the platform at the Democratic National Convention. (I knew he was special then). He has my vote. Not because I don't like the Clintons, but because I love him. Ya feel me.

 
At 5:08 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

Mr P,

Bruh, i think you know my Brack fandom..He had catz not very far from where I grew up at throwin parties at the caucus location that normally around that time wouldve gave way to the feends, hookers and you name it...I couldnt agree more about the surhe he's brought to Young Black Voters.. I just want those same young black voters, to ask there parents how life was in the 90s in the event Barack doesnt get the win..


P

I got overwhlemed one day at work..I went to 4 different blogs, and 5 different radio stations, and they all had that same nasty undertone of barack gets screwed, and i quit...

If I had to put a number to it, id say it had to be around 100 orso people who felt this way..they was even callin Frangela with this nonsense..didnt think i knew about them huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home