Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anything Texas can do, South Carolina can do BETTER



Just when you thought my fellow Texans had reached an all time low with throwing there racially charged MLK celebration Party, up comes the rowdy bunch of Clemson Tigers to one up them...To be fair, the parties were thrown around the same time, its just these photos are just now surfacing.(tks smoking gun) If you feel a little sick inside, just remember, Clemson (located in South Carolina) is in the same state that has the biggest issue with the Confederate Flag being taken down in there state. I know I don't have many, but for those who read my blog and are not of color, I have a couple of questions.

1st. Exactly what is going on in your mind when you throw these parties?

2nd To quote my boy E' "Do you invite any people of color to your parties", and if so what is there reaction?

3rd. Do you think that this is a positive portrayal of African Americans, esp. On MLK Day , or do you see this as one big joke?

4th. What drives you to do this? Is it rap music, the media, what?

5th. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? If your people's negative stereotypes were exploited by a black man in a Klan suit, or a picture of Black folk at a party eating Mayo and water crest sandwiches listening to God smack and going outside to go cow tipping?


Heres what I think, I know at home many of you use the N- word its ok youre not around any body who it would offend and what the heck it is your home right. Youre probably tired of the bastardization of Holiday's and you decided you'd take aim at the one holiday that many of your ilk both past and present would overwhelmingly agree is overrated. (I work with many of you who have made this claim.) You got to thinking about a cool way to spend your MLK day and get your point out, and one of you came up with this scheme....To bad it got exposed. I'm pretty sure that this wont stop you from next years party which Im sure will top this one by far. Next time though, you'll decide to ban camera's and Cell Phones..God forbid you should actually have to take responsibility for the actions you do.

Link To Story



6 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger P said...

And to the girl in the yellow shirt:

You are mocking that which you love about us. . .Our shapes.

You are dancing to music that originates from us. The rhythm and the beat of the drum.

**sigh** we are still talking about this in the 21st Century. The scripture in the bible says "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks".

The guy that is in blackface is totally unacceptable.

 
At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cowardice. They would never even attempt to do such a thing in a public forum.

I agree with P...the same stupid white girl who is trying to mock the shape of beautiful black women most likely tries unsuccessfully to duplicate that beauty in some form or fashion...and probably wants to get smashed by a black man :-)

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and another thing...the shoe can't ever be put on the other foot because there is nothing that can inspire the same feelings of pain that we as blacks feel when we see sickening images such as those. it would only be foolish to see a black man donning a klan outfit or something of that ilk. their ignorance is astonishing.

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

p,

I to agree with you totally..In fact at the very end of last year
I posted This about racism in the hopes that it would atleast touch someone.. looks like my arms dont extend that far.. I blame this on the upbringing of these kids..Proper parenting prevents this. I have many white friends who are discusted, and frankly are to ashamed to post a reply to this blog...(THEY EMAIL ALOT) Yet they tell me that if they ever dreamed of pulling something so cruel, there parents would kill them.

However I also have had co-workers who who tell me that this is "not that big of a deal" ...White America, imo needs to really sit down and reflect and learn from this..It only makes them look bad..

E,

The questions I posted were from people who actually emailed them or hit me up with them from the last blog entry.(As I told P, there are many who read but never post here)except question 3...thats all me..

I feel your pain...And speaking as someone much like you from the south, a piece of me is that much more angrier then normal considering southerner's mentatilty, and what it was like growing up down here...It seems to me, that racism, is a topic that we all know is wrong, but the powers that be want you to believe that its overhyped. Thet also think that we as african americans still dwell on things that happened hundreds of years ago. I cant begin to tell you how often i'm told "you black people always play the race card" or "when things dont go your way its racist"

Those people are know where to be found when things like this take place...The ones who do stick around, say " it was just a joke" and "why do your people take things so personal" ....

If I'm wrong ,let me know..

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger P said...

Aww, that's whack. I had a comment all good looking and everythang and blogger ate it!

Anyway, pretty much what I was saying was, I meant that you can see what's reflected in THEIR heart by THEIR actions, not yours.

And you know something: I would rather deal with the redneck guy in the red pickup with the confederate flag, saying "We Hate Niggers", than deal with these clowns, because it is these folks that:

- Make the hiring decisions

- Frown their noses up at the 'new' black or brown neighbor.

- Think that Obama is 'different' from Luda. Nope not different - Just different lifestyle.

Just ask Rampart (A division of the LAPD)

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

These motherfuckers should be expelled.

Of forced to attend Bob Jones University with the rest of the bigots.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home