Thursday, February 15, 2007

Killa' Bigotry from the guy with a Killa' Crossover



Tim Hardaway, former Golden State Warrior and Miami Heat when asked about how he'd feel if he had a gay teammate said the following:
"he would not have tolerated a gay player on his team and would have asked to have been traded in such a situation or would have asked to have the gay
teammate be traded."
To elude his point ,he then took it to a place where I as a person was offended:
"I let it be known, I don't like gay people. I don't
like to be around gay people."Yeah, I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It
shouldn't be in the world for that or in the United States for that. So, yeah, I
don't like it."


Real Talk,
I have gay friends. I have served with Gay members in the military, and Tim Hardaway does not speak for me. With that said, my question is, if you substitute Gay's in Hardaway's quote, with Blacks, Jews , Hispanics, and Whites would there be more of an outcry? When you bash Gay's, to me, it's no different then when you bash race, or sex when It comes to people.
Now, with that said, I know many of you know how I felt when Isiah Washington was Accused. For those who don't, allow me to recap. I felt Isiah was innocent, b/c A. I wasn't there, and for him to vehemently deny those allegations, B. I would like to think further proves my point.

To my point, Gays are people. Just like you and me. When this filthy, vulgar, despicable, rant talk is allowed and we as people don't call our on people out on stuff like this, what's that say about us?

Link To Story

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger P said...

There are lots of things that people feel for whatever reason. Whether I agree or disagree is not the issue. I am disturbed with the delivery of the message.

If someone thinks that something is morally wrong, then hey, that's them. But it someone spews that type of venom (and I doubt it was shock value - I think he really meant it), well I wouldn't expect the NBA to have done anything less. He has cost himself more than the all star weekend - he may have just cost himself a slot in the hall of fame. . .

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

p,

my brother may have been the biggest tim hardaway fan i know..I have to assume after those statements , losing out on the HOF is probably the least of the the many things he's about to lose...

I just find it hard to believe how someone who played in SF no less for 8+ yrs couldnt develop some sort of a tolerence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home