Friday, February 16, 2007

Old Skool Friday/ BHM 2-Pac I Aint Mad At Cha'





2-Pac Shakur was many things to the rap community. For some he was the thugg visionary that inspired many to rap about there life experiences on the street. For some he was an activist that rapped about how blacks should own property and stand up for themselves and there community when faced with adversity. But, for most he may be forever known as the man who was lost in a rap game of hustling, rivalry, and revenge, that lead to his untimely death right at the prime of his career.

Depending on who you ask , the opinions vary as to who the Greatest MC of all time is. Ive heard Notorious B.I.G., 2-PAC, Jay-Z and my true old skool cats have no problem reminding me of Mellie Mel, Eric-B, and Big Daddy Kane. One things certain though, to a man, all of the people who Ive ever asked, love him , or hate him have mentioned 2-Pac in there top 3. (the same can be said for BIG) . Its my opinion that he IS the greatest MC ever and I base it on how he had the ability to change his style better then anyone. His originality has been duplicated to the point that he's often mentioned like Jordan when its apparent that other rappers who were inspired by him, try to do everything he did to make themselves successful.

I decided on the song I Aint Mad at Cha, b/c I thought it encompassed a lot of what made Pac, Pac. Theres a lil thug in it, a lil flow in it, and most important, a lot of himself in the song that to me , made it one of his greatest songs.

4 Comments:

At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

old skool friday's are going strong. good stuff

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

thanks man..its gonna be hard to follow 2-pac next week..

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger P said...

I heart your old school Friday.

This song means a lot to me. I remember at that time, my hairdresser would say that term all the time, and my mother would sing it just the way she did, and then after Tupac Died, my mother became like this cult follower of him (long story she doesn't even like rap - She was the same way when Jon Benet died).

Okay, now that you have stopped chuckling, I can tell you that that song, she loves now and even has a copy of the song.

Awww. I heart and miss Pac.

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

p,

Im probably not his biggest fan, but one of them anyway. When this song came out, along with me against the world, and so much pressure in the air, I was convinced that he could take any genre of rap and touch you with it....

this one particulary was probably the only one I heard just about all throughout Houston growing up..even from some who hated pac..

glad you liked it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home