Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hip Hop's starting to Piss me Off Again ..Aunt Jackie Garbage..

Ok, so by now we've all partied like a rock star, or did our rain dance in the club and at some point realized what the hell is this ish I'm listening to on the radio?? I'll tell you what it is, TRASH...Plain and simple. No need to explain to me the 5 chambers of blah, blah, blah,
no need to tell me how so and so are touring and there to busy to be in the studio...Garbage.

Here's what I do know, if I had to do dishes in Calgon 4 hrs a day, for a yr straight knowing that it would bring me music resembling the era from 1993-1996, (The Biggie Pac Era) best believe i'd have the softest hands of any man youve ever known. Calgon take me away please...

What is this garbage thats on the radio today? And then theres this. While going through my email, someone who wishes to be kept anonymous sent me the NEWEST dance craze taking over in pick a Burrough New York ....The Aunt Jackie.. Yes, you read it correctly the Aunt Jackie. It hijacked a good 3:13 seconds of my life, and know im proud to deliver it to you.
Is this what has become of our once great music? Are we regulated to dance crazes, and the occasional epiphany from Jigga or Nas? Where the $*& $ is Lil Jon? Isnt this the time of the year where that life sized Muppet makes his excellence heard?

Well if you made it this far then without further adu, I give you Jason Fox and Aunt Jackie. I'll be in the corner with a shot of my best cognac. Lemme know what you think...e By the way, for probably one of the best hip hop discussions youll ever read, go check out this forum my boy E did on his website..




7 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Greg said...

Eric,

Man, I've been saying this for about a year now. First, let me clear something up: I'm white. But I love me some hip hop. I grew up in the Death Row, 2Pac, Biggie days, and graduated to Jay-Z, Nas, and yes, Eminem (dude's annoying, but he can bust a rhyme). But I was just telling my wife the other day that back in the day, i ONLY listened to 97.9 The Boxx, and rarely mixed in some 104.1, 104.9, 96.5, and 94.5. Now, i can't stand 97.9. I will check it to see what kind of song is on, but ALWAYS flip right past. This new stuff is garbage.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

Greg,

Welcome to the blog! Hey man, eminem gets much love on this blog...Im an avid Maroon 5 and Green Day fan. He's got ACTUAL TALENT..Hip hop has no colors (at least i hope not) so if it pulled your ear i say good on ya..I grew up on 97.9 when i was in H town as well. Now it like much of the Hip Hop stations are slaves to the soundscan. They play this trash and expect us to listen to it.

I say F-U..I'll listen to sports b4 i give any Hip Hop station my free time playing this garbage.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Greg said...

I've switched solely to sports talk radio... it never gets old (unless they beat the same drum over and over again: TO, VY, Texans suck, etc...).

Where in Houston did you grow up/go to school?

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

The Northwest Side..(Inwood Forwest) But as a younger one I lived in 5th ward and Acres home for a brief period. Eisenhower Sr. High. (then the military) and to many colleges in that time span while i was in the service.


Yeah they can beat you over the head with VY/TO/Texans Suck Talk.

But Sports radio in Houston pissed me off. Getting wrid o LZ in the morning made no sense at all over on 610. He was awesome. He wasnt biased, asked the tough questions, and was funny.
Now i listen to Fox Sports Radio (FSR) online until Rome comes on. Then after that, its a wildcard..

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

I forgot to ask ,what side are you from, and i assume you got my name for the Chron..Cool..which blog do you frequent there? I hit each and every one of the sports guys up.

Even RJ who will only post one of my comments once a month. He's an Everett homer and it irks the life out of me..

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Greg said...

you may get 2 responses... i thought I posted a reply earlier, but maybe I messed up. If so, sorry. Anyway...

I actually grew up in Nebraska until right before my senior year of high school. I came from a town of about 1100 people (about 2 non-white families) to be zoned to Jack Yates High School, where my sister and I comprised 2/3 of the white population. It was definitely a culture shock, but well worth the experience. I learned alot, despite having to go to a crap-ass school like Yates. Good thing colleges didn't hold that against me!

Yes, I got your name from the Chron.com blogs. I see you post pretty regularly, and I agree with your takes usually, so i clicked on your blog link to check it out. Generally, I peruse all their blogs daily and see which are worth weighing on. I make sure to check out LZ's, the King's, and sometimes RJ's too. I gotta give A-M some love too b/c she is so beautiful. I post fairly regularly on King's and LZ's blogs (as Greg S.). Just today I've posted 3 or 4 entries on the King's blog b/c Vick is such a flippin' 'tard. I don't know how you can decide who/what RJ actually likes b/c he flip-flops so much. One day Purpura is a genius, the next day an ass. That's what irks me so much about him... I don't care about being a homer; just stick to your opinions.

Anyway, I'd like to start a blog like yours where i can mix in some sports and definitely some pop culture; but between work, getting my MBA, wife & kids, i haven't got the time. I think my life would start to suffer b/c there's lots of crap that I could go on and on about.

Well, I look forward to future posts.

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

man thanks..

thats exactly the reason I blog..If not for this blog, im convinced my wife and my son would have me going crazy..It started out as an outlet, and now its the best hobby ive had in recent memory. I can voice my opinion as well as take cracks at whoever and every now and again someone will notice..

well, once again welcome aboard, if you get bored while at school/work go through my archives..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home