Thursday, July 05, 2007

Remembering My Top 5 Cartoons Eva!



In Honor of the Transformers movie I have yet to see, (busy busy busy) I ve decided today's Remember When blog will be about Yours and mine Top 5 Cartoons of all time. Now, to be fair, this blog is read by some as old as 55 and as young as 14 , so there will be some cartoons on MY list that some may or may not get. In the end though, these are the cartoons that would steal all of my youth and I'd debate should be first ballot Hall Of Famer's should there ever be such a thing.


1.Thundercats
Always kept the story line moving. Liono was a Pimp, and Chetarah had hr own theme music. Mumrah, as far s villians go was the cruelest cat out there.



2. Transformers
More then meets the Eye! They were so gully, That a competitor tried the same thing 2 yrs after, and got crushed. Gobots was a joke. Optimus Prime may be the Gulliest Hero of All Time..To bad his action figure was so damn expensive..




3. Voltron
My favorite color was Blue, so of course that meant I was the Blue Lion Growing Up. That cat had it made. He came from an underwater cave, so if ever there was drama,
he's in the one spot that can withstand the test of time. This was me and brothers entire X-mas one year
.




4. My Secret Gay Moment..The Getalong Gang..
Dont ask why, they just did it for me...Maybe it was the moose, or the goofy story lines, but somehow I stayed glued to the TV whenever they came on..There
are more of them out there like it, but this one was the one show I had to watch in secrecy
..


5th He-Man
Often I wandered who would win if this cat, and Liono ever went toe to toe. He-man would crush Skeletor on a daily, and with the power of Grayskull, turn his cuddly little Puma Cringer into Battle Cat...Battle Cat was instantly Beastly! Orko was the hidden gem in the show though.. This entire set was another X-mas present that ended up being the end all be all for me and my brother..Hell, The Castle of Grayskull along cost 30 bucks.



5. Other Note worthies..

Bravestarr..
If you never seen it, then click on it..Eye Of the Hawk...

Carebears.
Another not so proud Gay moment, I just cant deny..Carebears Countdown 5..4..3..2.1!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
Heroes in a Half Shell Turtle Power..True story, the movie was so packed, that they had kids sitting in the walkway, and standing along the sides...

C.O.P.S.
Its Crime Fighting Time...This Brutha was lethal... Another guy you might have to click on.


Fat Albert.
My man had a crew that ran out roughnecks, and hung out in the Junkyard. Ultimate Good Guy..And what made Albert so sick with his was, he was the fastest cat in the group.

5 Comments:

At 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a sailor I thought you show G.I. Joe some love

 
At 5:40 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

never...im an ex-sailor now, and my brother made me hate gi joe..its all he ever watched...that and shipwreck was an enlisted guy who damn near did anything...

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger smoothie said...

<>

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger P said...

HAHAHAHA at your list and your 'gay moment'. You know I'm a chick, so I won't have the same as yours, but I grew up with the neighborhood boyz so I wasn't beneath watching any of the ones that you mentioned above. My picks:

Flintstones: Bomb Cars, Good Food, No Shoes Allowed. Who could ask for anything more.

Jetsons: They have things in there that we use NOW!!

Thundercats: Okay, now I was a fan of Thundercats, and the killer part about it was I was in high school when it came out. (Honorary Mention - Transformers - Just the slogan of the song kept you posted).

Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny was black. Enough said.

And finally, last but not least, the OG Schoolhouse Rock Cartoons.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

P,

you are by far and away old school..
I never took that aproach with the flintstones..They were blueprints for blackfolk..I walk aroundm the crizzib barefeet suckin on slabs of ribs...lol..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home