Thursday, September 20, 2007

If youre not there, Please Be in Black Today Jena-6


So today's the day. Today's the rally for Jena-6 and if you're not able to make it, its being encouraged that you wear black in Support of the Six black students who were targeted racially for sitting under a tree. ((KKK)Nooses appeared the day they decided they wanted to sit there)

Yours truly is rocking a black shirt Blue Jeans and Black Shoes. Now if you read the blog, you know I have no problem digging into a racial issue. This one however troubled me. Anytime a school, a High school no less still experiences this type of stupidity and ignorance, it kinda tears slowly at my soul. But, thats life. With that said, I ask that all my people reading take a minute to pray for all those in Jena La. There's a mass exodus of people there now, and I hope that peace is the theme of the event.

Here's some links to the story and A poem from the Boom Crew.

Patty's Piece
Jasmyne's Piece
E's Piece
and poem Must read

Ps..Ive removed Lashawn Barber's Blog from the Roll. Im sure she wont mind but in case youre wandering why here's my piece. I get that youre a black independent (posing as a conservative) but issues like Jena-6 got Zero Attention on her blog. A blog read by thousands daily. Now when I'd normally let this go, she also took the liberty to defend the Top Presential Republican Candidates who decided they'd skip speaking at Morgan State University. C'mon Lashawn all 3 top dogs don't show and you believe that...If the democrats were scheduled to speak at Duke concerning the Rape Case and all 3 missed it, and yet all the Republicans showed, im sure you'd have something to say. Its life I guess..


3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger P said...

The suspense is killing me. What post did the 'blog administrator' have to remove. Was it somebody trying to philosophicize on your blog? :)

Anyway, thanks for the shout out on your blog. I was truly pleased at the outcome. It was peaceful, it was powerful, and it was what we needed to immobolize ourselves. I myself, was humbled to see, was, in my opinion, a modern day civil rights struggle, in my lifetime.

I am trying to find a "free the Jena 6" T-Shirt for my two month old niece. :)

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

i removed a spammer..You know I aint removing somebody who got something to say..No matter how much we differ..Dude was tryin to sell me bandwith ...wtf..

yeah, i watched it at work for about 2 hrs..I was actually HAPPY for Brother Jackson and Shaprton..(that takes alot for me to say)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home