Monday, October 29, 2007

American Ganster Review..




Ok fam, so Im at the Barber shop listening to cutz from the American Gangster (AG) soundtrack and I make the obligatory must say comment "Man I hope the Movie lives up to the hype..The soundtracks hot, the commercials are fresh to death, and Star studded may be the biggest understatement of the year" My barber looks at me and say's "Bruh, you aint watched it yet, man where you been.." The whole shop had the copy..DVD quality at that..So ya boy got his hands on one as well..I gotta admit, Peanut and them have really improved on there craft, the joint really did look like I rented it from Blockbuster...




With that said, If you plan on watching this Movie I'll give you fair warning before the dissertation, and i'll leave you with my star rating / quick shot//




2.5 out of 5 stars.




If youre a fan of Entourage, think to win Vinny Chase was tryin his damndest with the gang to promote Medellin. The hype is bigger then the Actors, and when its put out there for all to see, it just duds out..




Stop reading From this point further if you plan on watching and dont want to know why I think this way..**********Spoilers Present************








Ok, so the plot DOESNT JUST revolve around Frank Lucas , it also focuses around the Cop that caught him, portrayed by Russell Crowe..The ongoing theme is that he's an honest cop who returned 1million in unmarked bills to the Police Station Without Skimming. You hear it at least 10 times in the movie..Overkill is a nice word for it.. They do a HORRIBLE job of blending Frank Lucas'es story with this one. Its all ovcer the place. They'll go into how Bumpy Johnson showed him the ropes in one scene, and in the next they'll go into to the cops ruff marriage. Then from there, they'll go into Frank doing something random and completly off cue...




People I really wanted to get into this..It was just tough. So I dont spoil it for you I challenge anyone reading to tell me that the ending coupled with how they busted up Franks dopehouse wasnt the most obvious bit of cinema ever..IT WAS SAD..Simple and sad...There is one highlight that im sure many will remember...Franks at the Coffee shop with his brothers, and notices that the rival crime boss who wanted to charge him 20% on his funds hasnt paid up on his dues..Frank draws a gun on him, and well lets just say he gets gansta with it!




Im really glad i got the homeboy hookup on this one. If Im wrong, and you somehow saw it, or wanna challenge me Friday, let me know..I'm all ears...

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Blogger P said...

I'm Black.

Been a long week. But I'm black. I'm about to go and OD on all of your products and services you have to offer, and then provide you with my humble thoughts.

I skipped this post because I didn't want any spoilers from the BOOTLEG dvd that you watched.

And, Um. . . I'm sure if Halle Berry was in the movie you might have gave it more stars, don't you know that Denzel is our modern day Billie Dee?

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

you do realize that I have that movie sitting at home as well right??(things lost in the fire)

and I thought BABS was awful!

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger P said...

You might have thought that BAPS was awful but I would bet the farm you watched all of it.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

no comment.... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home