Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Here We Go Again


Initially I planned on talking about Cell Phones and how they want to take mine outta my hands and make me drive around with the bluetooth. (I own this device , but i hate the echoe so i rarely use it)

However, I stumbled upon
this article sent to me Via Smoking Gun so I decided what the hell.
I guess were at a point where things have gotten stupid. Recently a group of kids in a small Monroe Louisianna Town thought it would be a good idea to go blackface by getting all mudded up and re-enacting the Jena incident.

Now to quote the creator of the facebook page " I have many black friends, this isnt a big deal, we were just having fun" Oh yeah she went to the drinking card to . Why is it, there fun IS SO COMPLETLY OPPOSITE FROM MY VERSION OF FUN???
Not to vere off topic but a couple of things I do for fun
1. Watch Sports
2. Watch TV
3. Play Ball

Things I dont do for fun
1. Re-enact Racially charged events that rip little towns apart.
2. Disrespect my fellow man PURPOSLY
3. Embarrass my Family by making a complete @$$ of myself for the world to see.

Back to the topic, so its 2007 damn near 08 and its apparent that racism is alive and well in this country. Either that, or a clear lack of common since and intelligence in the south. Rather then ask when we as a society will figure this out, my new question is, How long
are we going to pretend that racism will NEVER DIE???
So this is were we are as a society. I honestly dont think all " people" are racist, but I do believe that many of us swim in denial. Your thoughts?

The entire article and link to the video can be found
here .

4 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't go to their school.

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

im glad ALOT of us dont go there.
It wouldnt end pretty...

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger P said...

LAWD. Why do people constantly make themselves fodder for getting clowned, and cussed out by black folks? This has already been forwarded by me to ten people, to which I am sure they will do the same.

I would rather hear "It was wrong and stupid" instead of saying "I have black friends" Puh-Leeze. Or even "Why is everybody making a big deal out of it". Tell the truth. At least it is the truth. But that "I have black friends" skit has gotten old.

Hell, so does OJ.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger smoothie said...

i have black friends is the new "how can i be a racist when I grew up around nothin but____people.." I use to hear that alot as well..

P,
OJ will never die..he wont allow it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home